Friday, April 8, 2011

Staying Small and Local

I have been reading a lot of articles lately about local business and why we should try to stay away from the large competitors. It got me thinking about how fast I run to the larger stores to save a few pennies on items and how I over look the little shops that are trying to stay in business to support their families.

I starting to look around Spokane for small, local business and was overwhelmed with how many are out there. There is so many great shops that you can find unique items that you can't find just anywhere. While doing this, I have come across other local people who work out their homes to help make your wedding day, a dream come true.

Shasta Hankins, Freelance make-up artist, specializes in airbrushing, bridal makeup, theater & stagehand work. She is truly gifted and have had that opportunity to work with her in a photo shoot. Her before and afters for the models where outstanding. I have recommended  many of my brides this year to her and everyone of them are very happy with her service. If you are looking for a make-up artist or know someone that is, check out her site at:  http://www.shastahankins.com

Another great local talent is hair stylist, Lindsey Wilson. Her eye to detail and modern looks are right on! She completes your look with a classic, modern look that makes any bride feel special. One of the many things that is great about her, she comes to you. I know how hard that is to find. How nice it would be to be pampered without leaving your room! I have also worked with her closely and I am always impressed with her work. She will make you feel special and beautiful for that very important day.

There is so many more people to check out and see. I can't wait to see who else I will meet or find!

Happy planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment